The Fall of Man RP

(O) I'm Not Afraid

Hume

I have nothing to say.

Courtney Avatar

Courtney

Post by Courtney on Jan 17, 2021 16:37:46 GMT -5

Dated May 20th, 1:00 PM

Courtney stood up from her place on the floor and smoothed her dress. Truth be told, dresses weren't her favorite thing to wear. Sure, she wore them often, but that did not stop her from you know, making a mess of them when she was 11 and 12 years old. She snickered because she remembered also tearing them on the hems. Then questions were asked about her dresses having mud, or tears. 

Her time spent training was also something else. On top of learning how to clean rooms and furniture, she put up a slight fight against dresses and shoes. She would ask so many questions why she needed these silly articles of clothing.  Their responses were always the same, about being the dress code. She would let them put shoes on her feet but in the end she would always hide her shoes someplace and resume her work. This would often get her into trouble and was lectured about not wearing her shoes. They would win every time. The shoe war as her caretaker said, was finally over when she wore her shoes for the rest of the day. She learned that she could take them off before bed. But she would have to put them back on before leaving her room or cage. 

Courtney began to wonder how the other animals lived. How would they treat her? Would she be treated well or not so well? She didn't want to stand for a long time so she sat down back on the floor to watch the comings and goings. It was always interesting to see who came in and who left. It was almost like the highlight of her day.  

Civilian

I have nothing to say.

Rio Marino Avatar

Rio Marino

Post by Rio Marino on Jan 25, 2021 9:26:13 GMT -5

The sun was hidden by a thick cover of clouds, and the street was clogged with crowding bodies. The marketplace was parading its humes through the streets, calling out qualities and favorability among its most prized humes in circulation. A scaled man waved his arms about, calling the attention of nearby wanderers to look at his fleshwares.

A gentle spring breeze blew, rustling her curly locks, and tickling Rio's brow. She reached up and brushed the offending hair out of her eye and set her eyes on a pale-skinned girl smoothing her crumpled dress. Rio hadn't ever thought she'd be at the marketplace looking for a hume to add to her brood. She was always one to quietly disagree with how most humans were treated in the city by their animal masters, and while it wasn't likely she'd ever join the rebellion to fight for their rights, she promised herself that she'd never contribute to it.

And here she was, breaking that promise.

Rio approached the cage quietly, looking onto the girl with periwinkle eyes. There was a quiet interest that sparkled within them. Eithne warned her that this was a decision not to be made lightly, and Rio was not making it lightly.

"Excuse me," she spoke suddenly, her eyes lingering on the teenage girl. There was an employee nearby, who at once turned to Rio. Out of the young girls presented to the street that afternoon, this one in particular looked well-behaved and content. "How much for this one?"

I'll continue in my next post... just wanted to give you a moment to react and such :)
Last Edit: Jan 25, 2021 9:27:33 GMT -5 by Rio Marino

Hume

I have nothing to say.

Courtney Avatar

Courtney

Post by Courtney on Jan 27, 2021 21:13:59 GMT -5

Courtney was surprised to see Rio approaching her cage. She was quietly looking back into those periwinkle eyes. Of course, she'd be interested in a curious, well-behaved human. She would probably be a little like those girls as she learned. But she would be prone to mistakes as she learned what Rio required of her. Training was good, but new owners were a new experience. She was used to the nursery and their rules.

Courtney opened her mouth to say something. But, would the employee warn her or something? She hoped not. "Hello, Ma'am." Of course, she was able to show respect. She gave a little look to the employee for any rebuke. "Pleasant day?" Her tone was respectful, friendly, and it took all of her control not to become shy.