The Fall of Man RP

[P] Seven devils all around me

Rebel

I don't want your money; and I don't want your crown. See, I've come to burn your kingdom down.

Semele Severa Avatar

Semele Severa

Post by Semele Severa on Nov 19, 2020 18:50:06 GMT -5

It was easy to turn to ale in times of stress. Semele tried not to go overboard with the stuff, but she couldn't deny that it brought her comfort, gave her peace of mind, and let her focus on something else for a change.

She sat at the bar counter, surrounded by grizzled types. Mercenaries, veterans, and your average tough guys all stood around the place, a mug in hand, gulping down what was inside their cups, talking amongst themselves, being merry for the most part.

The lighting was dim, the walls were raw wood, and the atmosphere was interesting. Behind the counter were many bottles, jars, and other clay, containers filled with various liquors and wines. Semele tried to turn her nose away from the hard stuff most days. It was safer that way, especially undercover nowadays. She was pretty rowdy when drunk off stuff like brown hard liquor. She'd start a bar fight with every single brute in this place if she were to have it her way.

But tactic required responsibility, and she just couldn't fuck this up.

Around her were many animals - there was a murmur of different conversations happening all around her, and a human cleaned the counter some feet away from her. Semele regarded her for a few seconds, allowing her bright green eyes to linger on the girl. Blonde hair, decent clothes, and good weight on her. Whoever owned her was at least doing right by her.

Semele's gaze was broken by an animal who took a seat beside her. She straightened, facing forward once more, and took a swig from her bone mug. She watched the crowd behind her through the cracked mirrored wall behind the bar.

For ! Dated for Apr 16, 2755, at around 3pm. I reused what I wrote for our old thread and added some to it! :)

Civilian

I have nothing to say.

Khari Shyfang Avatar

Khari Shyfang

Post by Khari Shyfang on Nov 20, 2020 7:30:42 GMT -5

A recent change in the weather caused a storm to appear over the city. A red furred vixen had just rushed into the bar a short time afterwards with specks of water droplets on her dark leather overcoat that covered the rest of her outfit from the rain. She had thought about maybe getting a hat, but she believed that it probably effect her in the field; course there is also her image and silhouette to consider.

She had just got back into the city after capturing some humes out in the wilderness. It has been like weeks since she was able to sit down, relax and have a drink. Yea, it's hard work rustling them up, but at least the money is good. She chose to keep her feelings out of it, even though she's had thoughts about a few of her past captures that stood out once and awhile.

This place hasn't changed much the last time she had been here. Perhaps a couple of the chairs had been replaced again as this bar can be a rather rough place time to time when a fight breaks out, but today it seems to be a good day and everyone present were keeping their manners in check.

"Oh Khari, welcome back. Good to see you in good health," said the barkeep. She responded back by raising her hand in silent greeting toward the barkeep as she walked over toward the counter and noticed what appeared to be a coywolf sitting there, starring off somewhere she did not care. She was probably the least dangerous animal that was currently in here. Some questions had crossed her mind that maybe she be able to chat with her, but first she needed a drink to calm her nerves from being out there in the wilderness for so long. She thought of her choices in what to drink as she decided to take a seat next to the coywolf, who was now appearing to watch the crowd from the cracked mirror behind the bar. She looked over toward the barkeep, who was waiting for her to order something and she said, "I'll take a whiskey."
"Sure thing," the barkeep responded back then got to work on her drink shortly afterward.

While the barkeep was busy with her drink, Khari decided to have a conversation with this coywolf that she was sitting beside and said, "Hello there, name's Khari. What brought you here?" It has been awhile since she talked to any animals in the past couple of weeks, being stuck out in the wilderness with only the humes trying to bargain and/or complain on the return trip into the city.
Last Edit: Dec 7, 2020 10:58:21 GMT -5 by Khari Shyfang

Rebel

I don't want your money; and I don't want your crown. See, I've come to burn your kingdom down.

Semele Severa Avatar

Semele Severa

Post by Semele Severa on Nov 29, 2020 10:45:56 GMT -5

Semele seemingly got lost in the loud murmur of all the different voices, allowing her eyes to stare forward, though not catch anyone's gaze, as she fell into deep thought. She did not immediately notice someone taking a seat beside her; though, it wasn't any kind of breach in personal space. Not in a place like this.It wasn't until the fox beside her spoke that Semele finally blinked and came back to her senses. Green eyes slid over to the vixen, who introduced herself as Khari.

"Probably same as ya, the booze," Semele chuckled, looking down into her nearly empty cup. "Jaela."

A fake name for a fake cause. She couldn't go around telling others her real name, else the Crown would be up her ass in a few minutes. Jaela. It rolled off the tongue, sounded natural enough. It was good enough for this trip.

sorry for the wait c:

Civilian

I have nothing to say.

Khari Shyfang Avatar

Khari Shyfang

Post by Khari Shyfang on Dec 7, 2020 11:04:25 GMT -5

"Oh," she let out a short, light chuckle in her throat as she noticed the empty cup beside the coywolf then continued on by saying,"Jaela huh, what are you having?"

She let the name echo in her mind for a moment in thought, but couldn't remember of the name before. She also noticed by the way Jaela was dressed that she didn't seem to fit in with the bar's dress code, sticking out like a sore thumb amongst the roughnecks, cutthroats, and villains. "So what brings you here Jaela? Business..," she then cracked a mischievous smirk as she continued on saying, "Or is it pleasure?" It's not the vixen's first rodeo, hitting on girls at the bar. If she refused the offer though, it wasn't not the end of the world. However, it has been even longer since her last romp between the sheets compared to having an alcoholic beverage.

Rebel

Semele Severa Avatar

Semele Severa

Post by Semele Severa on Jan 5, 2021 0:02:48 GMT -5

"That fruity rum shit they have on special. Apples and berries, or somethin'? It ain't that bad." Semele took the cup and knocked back the rest of what was left down the hatch. She stuck her hand out, signalling the bartender. The petite, pale human nodded her head in the animal's direction, though she was busy tending to another customer.

"Pleasure," Semele answered without looking at the fox, missing the mischevious glance, but not missing it in her voice. Semele's mind went to other things, though, like feeling a tinge of annoyance at Khari's forward questions. If there was something she learned about Collinwood, it was that all the animals here were infinitely nosey about the business and whereabouts of others. Semele would've thought she'd have some privacy in a bar like this... unless Khari was just trying to size her up. Semele threw Khari a glance over her shoulder. "You?" She was seemingly oblivious to the advancement.

rip xD
Last Edit: Jan 5, 2021 0:03:10 GMT -5 by Semele Severa