The Fall of Man RP

[OPEN] Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back

Civilian

I have nothing to say.

Rio Marino Avatar

Rio Marino

Post by Rio Marino on Nov 20, 2020 12:11:51 GMT -5

It was about 11am and the sun pooled through the open doorway of the apothecary. Hung over the windows were large burlaps painted with advertisements. Potion bottles, herbs, and happy-looking animals smiled cheerfully on the side facing the outside. That was their only defense against the fleeting cold. That, and the wooden structure built in place where the windows used to be. On the outside, it held a structure for where the burlap advertisement was hung; on the inside, it doubled as a shelf where various potted herbs grew and were taken care of on a daily basis.

Glass was a thing of the past, and while most animals has the tools to get through a cold winter - such as fur - it was unpleasant to be outside in it for so long anyway. And it was bad for the plants.

Rio and her partner, Eithne, did what they could to make the inside of their shop humid and warm. It was favorable for the plants, and most animals that came into their shop never lingered for that long. Either Eithne or Rio got them what they needed, made a trade, and sent them on their way.

It was quiet for the moment, and Rio stood with her palms planted on either sides of her on the wooden counter and reveled in the way that the sunlight spilled in through the door. A cool breeze flowed into the shop from the outside, tickling her tightly curled hair, smelling of blossoming vegetation and budding flowers. "I love spring!" she mused, but Eithne was in the backroom of the shop by this point.

OPEN for one! Dated for Apr 9th, 11am. Set in Rio's apothecary shop C: This can go anywhere you like!
Last Edit: Jan 25, 2021 9:41:56 GMT -5 by Rio Marino

Civilian

I have nothing to say.

Sebastien Stone Avatar

Sebastien Stone

Post by Sebastien Stone on Jan 26, 2021 14:56:59 GMT -5

Freckled hands cradled the herbal tea Sebastien had treated himself to. He pressed his back against a wall as he exhaled and watched the steam dance in the air. His morning had been a busy one, but his work wasn’t over yet. The streets were sadly quiet at this time of the afternoon, which ruled out the possibility of occupying his mind with people watching. The dog took out a sheet of paper with his free hand and glanced at what was written there. An elegant hand and detailed drawings had been scratched upon its surface with black chalk.

The dog lapped at the last of his brew and licked his lips as he turned to walk in the shop’s direction. He hadn’t visited it before, but it carried his employer’s seal so it could only be an improvement. The previous merchant Sebastien had turned to had been a shady sort. A lovely scent greeted him, which left him nostalgic for lounging beneath the fruit trees on a long summer’s eve. Fruit, herbs and plants mingled together and drifted towards him as he paused by a shop emitting warmth from its coverings.

His ears perked forward and he smiled at the lively illustrations someone had created to entice customers to enter. Bottles clinked together as he drew back the cloth and took a breath in as the heat hit him. He regretted the tea he’d drunk moments ago as a sheet of sweat spread at his palms. The shop’s interior outpaced the shoddy merchant’s own by miles. The owner had created an indoor garden; each stem, leaf and bulb flourishing with life.

Sebastien fidgeted with the straps of his bag as he glanced about, and turned his attention to the dark-furred canine behind the counter. At the sight of the wolfish woman, he softened his features into a canine smile - lolling tongue and submissive glance. “Oh hello! Your shop is incredible - how do you grow all of these things?” The dog’s hips swayed as he wagged his bobbed tail behind him, “Back home on the farms we could have done with someone like you.”

OOC: I hope I've given you enough to work with :)