The Fall of Man RP

[AW] I want to know your quietest feeling

Civilian

I have nothing to say.

Natania the Chaos Eater Avatar

Natania the Chaos Eater

Post by Natania the Chaos Eater on Dec 6, 2020 13:49:09 GMT -5

It was the sound that signaled her to the incoming storm. A single, deafening crack of thunder that shook the Concrete Jungle, and boomed in her ears. Several structural things around her settled with an audible crack, and Natania paused, looking around for the slightest sign that she needed to get out and fast.

However, nothing moved. Nothing crumbled. Not even when the wind started to pick up and blow the hanging trinkets, potion bottles, and drying herbs around the small, cozy hollowed out ruins of the old convenience store. Hides and leathers stitched together covered what they could of the long-smashed-out windows in the front of the place, and towards the back - where the back of the building had already fallen away to a pile of debris out in the parking lot - was where she set up her fire. A large, iron pot sat on the fire - similar to a cauldron, but much smaller and simpler. A black smoke smudge stained the discolored ceiling from where the heat reached, and mutilated what was left of the paint and plaster. Nearby, a hunting knife stuck into an old piece of wood with the bloodied entrails and remains of a kill that Natania was processing. 

Towards the center of the crumbling shop was Natania's lean-to. Made of wood that she'd scavenged from the city and also purchased from traders, it was a crude little thing. It kept the rain out when it rained like this, and it was an intimate, dark, little hole that she could hide away in when she needed some silence. 

Of course, she could never escape Batty's incessant giggling. Not even when Batty was on the edges of the Concrete Jungle collecting supplies - Natania could still hear her echoing cackles bouncing off of the brick and stone that surrounded them. The crimson-colored witch learned to tune it out, and every night when she went to sleep, she did her best to think of silence and let it fill her mind.

Soon, there was a steady drone, and the rain began to pelt down on the lands beneath it. With it, the wind picked up, carrying with it wet droplets and moisture. Natania rushed around her little shelter and tied down anything that could've been carried off by the wind gusts that were tunneling through the windows to the wide-open hole in the back of the shop. Drying herbs were stashed in wicker baskets and pottery lining the floors; weapons were hung up and stashed away into their places; papers and other materials that would disintegrate from the rain were held close and stashed in the lean-to. 

Just as Natania was collecting the last few degradable materials, her orange eyes caught a shadow moving just outside the doorway. Adjusting her hide cape, and chucking the items into her lean-to, she stood tall and straight. "Who's there?" she growled.

Open to one or two! Set at night on Apr 17, 2755. It just started to pour and Natania might've seen your character outside :o

Civilian

I have nothing to say.

Asia Barlock Avatar

Asia Barlock

Post by Asia Barlock on Jan 18, 2021 0:23:36 GMT -5

Asia was grateful that she took a raincoat with her. She was walking through the Concrete Jungle looking for Natania. She heard cackling in the distance and knew that was probably Batty. "Hello. I'm looking for Natania." She greeted. "My name's Asia Barlock."

She saw she was chucking some of her items into her lean-to. "If you're not Natania, could you please direct me to her?"

Civilian

I have nothing to say.

Battaticka Henfrey Avatar

Battaticka Henfrey

Post by Battaticka Henfrey on Jan 19, 2021 18:01:29 GMT -5

Batty believed that the day was mostly uneventful for her employer and herself, being mostly sunny and pleasantly warm throughout the day. That was up to this afternoon when Natania gave notice that more and more fluffy clouds started gathering in the sky. Even now1`W a wall of dark clouds floated towards them with it a dark mist underneath, which only meant one thing: It was going to be a torrential downpour of rain.

As her employer ran about the place, preparing for the incoming evening storm, Batty stood in the back of the shop while covered in a cloak made of stitched together deer hides. This evening she was at large pot on the fire, making the evening meal. She would occasionally give it a stir with a large wooden spoon as it gave off a rather fragrent smell of meat stew nearby. Once in awhile she would give it a sniff then walk over to grab a pinch more of a few of the dried herbs that she and her employer had collected earlier then put them into the pot.

Her laughing fits didn't happen all the time, but they did seem to happen mostly at the most inappropriate times while she was awake. Only while the hyena slept was there was a long sense of peace at the shop.

Between the pitter patter of rain droplets pelting the makeshift roof of their shelter. The hyena's ears came to attention and twitched into Natania's direction as she looked over, hearing her employer call out for a possible visitor or intruder. She glanced at their dinner cooking on the fire then back towards Natania, trying to decide which to do as she placed one hand on her sheathed shortsword's handle just in case.
Last Edit: Jan 19, 2021 18:02:01 GMT -5 by Battaticka Henfrey